Are you planning a trip to HarbourFront, Singapore? This bustling waterfront district has plenty to offer for tourists and locals alike. From shopping and dining to outdoor adventures and cultural experiences, HarbourFront has something for everyone. In this article, we’ll explore some of the top things to do in HarbourFront and help you plan your itinerary.
One of the main attractions in HarbourFront is HarbourFront Centre, a shopping and entertainment complex that houses a ferry terminal and a cruise centre. Here, you can catch a ferry to nearby islands or take a scenic cruise around the harbour. The centre also has a range of retail stores and eateries, making it a great place to spend an afternoon.
Another must-visit destination in HarbourFront is VivoCity, one of Singapore’s largest shopping malls. With over 1 million square feet of retail space, VivoCity has something for everyone, from high-end fashion boutiques to budget-friendly stores. The mall also has a range of restaurants and cafes, as well as a rooftop amphitheatre that hosts regular events and performances.
- HarbourFront, Singapore is a vibrant waterfront district with plenty of attractions for tourists and locals alike.
- HarbourFront Centre is a popular destination that offers ferry rides, shopping, and dining options.
- VivoCity is another must-visit destination in HarbourFront, with over 1 million square feet of retail space and a range of restaurants and cafes.
If you’re looking for a one-stop destination for shopping, dining, and entertainment, HarbourFront Centre is the place to be! This shopping mall is located in the heart of HarbourFront, Singapore, and offers an extensive range of shops, restaurants, and attractions for visitors of all ages.
Shopping at HarbourFront Centre
HarbourFront Centre is a shopper’s paradise, with a wide variety of stores catering to all tastes. From high-end luxury brands to more affordable options, there’s something for everyone here. If you’re in the mood for some retail therapy, you won’t be disappointed by the selection of shops available.
In addition to the usual offerings of clothing, accessories, and electronics, HarbourFront Centre also has a number of specialty shops that are worth checking out. For example, Don Don: Donki is a popular Japanese discount store that offers a unique shopping experience. You can find everything from snacks and cosmetics to household items and gifts here.
If you’re looking for some relaxation and pampering, Kenko Wellness and Poly Beauty are two great options. Both offer a range of spa and beauty services that will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
Dining at HarbourFront Centre
After a long day of shopping, you’ll need to refuel, and HarbourFront Centre has plenty of dining options to choose from. Whether you’re in the mood for a quick bite or a leisurely meal, you’ll find something to suit your taste buds.
The food court at HarbourFront Centre is a great place to start, with a variety of cuisines on offer. From local favourites like chicken rice and laksa to international options like Korean BBQ and Japanese ramen, there’s plenty to choose from.
If you’re looking for something a bit more upscale, there are also several restaurants in the mall that offer a more refined dining experience. Whether you’re in the mood for Italian, Chinese, or Western cuisine, you’ll find it here.
If you’re looking for a one-stop destination for shopping, dining, and entertainment, VivoCity is the place to be! This massive shopping mall is the largest in Singapore and offers a wide range of options to suit every taste and budget.
Shopping at VivoCity
Retail therapy is taken to the next level at VivoCity, with over 300 stores spanning across seven levels. You can find everything from luxury brands to high-street favourites, as well as local and international labels. VivoCity is also home to Singapore’s largest department store, Tangs, which offers a wide range of products from fashion to home and beauty.
If you’re looking for gifts, VivoCity has got you covered. There are plenty of specialty shops selling unique and quirky items that make for great souvenirs. You can also find a variety of lifestyle and home decor stores, as well as electronics and gadget shops.
Entertainment at VivoCity
VivoCity is not just about shopping, it also offers a range of entertainment options for all ages. One of the highlights is the Timezone arcade, which features a variety of carnival games and activities that are sure to bring out your competitive side.
For movie buffs, VivoCity has a state-of-the-art cinema that screens the latest blockbusters and indie films. You can also catch live performances and events at the outdoor amphitheatre, which has hosted everything from concerts to fashion shows.
If you’re looking for a scenic spot to enjoy panoramic views of Singapore’s skyline, Mount Faber is the perfect destination. This hilltop park offers a variety of activities for visitors of all ages, including hiking, sightseeing, and dining.
Hiking at Mount Faber
Mount Faber is part of the Southern Ridges, a chain of parks and trails that offer some of the best hiking opportunities in Singapore. The park features several well-marked trails that wind through lush greenery and offer stunning views of the city and the sea. One of the most popular trails is the Henderson Waves, a pedestrian bridge that connects Mount Faber to Telok Blangah Hill Park. The bridge is famous for its undulating wave-like design and provides breathtaking views of the harbour.
Sightseeing at Mount Faber
Mount Faber is also home to several attractions that are perfect for sightseeing. One of the most popular attractions is the Singapore Cable Car, which takes visitors on a scenic ride from Mount Faber to Sentosa Island. The cable car offers stunning views of the city and the sea and is a must-do activity for anyone visiting Mount Faber.
Another popular attraction is the Faber Peak, a hilltop dining and entertainment spot that offers some of the best views of the city. The peak is home to several restaurants and bars that serve a variety of cuisines and drinks. You can also enjoy live music and other performances at the peak.
If you’re looking for an exciting adventure in Singapore, Sentosa Island is the place to be. This island is home to several attractions and activities that will keep you entertained for hours. Here are some of the things you can do at Sentosa Island:
Attractions at Sentosa Island
Sentosa Island is home to several world-class attractions that cater to visitors of all ages. Here are some of the must-visit attractions:
- Universal Studios Singapore: This theme park is a must-visit for all movie lovers. It features several movie-themed rides, shows, and attractions that will transport you to a different world.
- S.E.A. Aquarium: If you’re a fan of marine life, you’ll love the S.E.A. Aquarium. It’s home to over 100,000 marine animals from around the world.
- Adventure Cove Waterpark: This waterpark is perfect for thrill-seekers. It features several water slides, a lazy river, and a wave pool.
- Madame Tussauds Singapore: Get up close and personal with your favourite celebrities at Madame Tussauds Singapore. This wax museum features lifelike wax figures of celebrities, politicians, and sports stars.
Sea Activities at Sentosa Island
Sentosa Island is surrounded by the sea, and there are several sea activities that you can enjoy. Here are some of the top sea activities:
- Kayaking and Canoeing: Explore the coastline of Sentosa Island on a kayak or canoe. It’s a great way to get some exercise while enjoying the beautiful scenery.
- Scuba Diving and Snorkelling: Discover the underwater world of Sentosa Island by going scuba diving or snorkelling. You’ll be amazed by the colourful marine life.
- Waterskiing and Jetskiing: If you’re looking for some high-speed action, try waterskiing or jetskiing. It’s a thrilling experience that you won’t forget.
- Swim with Dolphins: Get up close and personal with dolphins at the Dolphin Island. You’ll get to swim with these intelligent creatures and learn more about them.
Overall, Sentosa Island is a must-visit destination in Singapore. With its world-class attractions and sea activities, you’ll never run out of things to do.
HarbourFront is not only about shopping and dining. There are other attractions that you should not miss while you are in the area. Here are two attractions that you should include in your itinerary:
If you are interested in Islamic culture and architecture, you should visit Al-Amin Mosque. This mosque is located at Telok Blangah Road, just a few minutes away from HarbourFront. The mosque is known for its beautiful architecture, which combines traditional Islamic and modern elements. The mosque has a dome and minaret that are visible from afar. Inside, you can see intricate carvings and calligraphy that adorn the walls and ceilings. Visitors are welcome to enter the mosque, but please dress modestly and remove your shoes before entering.
Marina Bay is one of the most popular destinations in Singapore. It is just a short distance away from HarbourFront, and it offers a wide range of attractions that cater to all ages. Some of the must-see attractions in Marina Bay include:
- Gardens by the Bay: This is a nature park that features a wide variety of plants and flowers. The park has several themed gardens, such as the Flower Dome and the Cloud Forest. The park also has a light and sound show at night, which is a must-see.
- Marina Bay Sands: This is a luxury hotel that has become an icon of Singapore. The hotel has a rooftop infinity pool that offers a stunning view of the city skyline. The hotel also has a shopping mall, a casino, and several restaurants.
- ArtScience Museum: This is a museum that combines art and science. The museum has several exhibitions that showcase the latest innovations in technology and design. The museum also has a permanent exhibition called Future World, which features interactive installations that are fun for all ages.
Marina Bay is easily accessible by public transport. You can take the MRT from HarbourFront to Bayfront station, which is just a few minutes away from Marina Bay.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some of the best restaurants to try in HarbourFront Singapore?
HarbourFront Singapore is home to a wide variety of restaurants, offering something for every taste and budget. Some of the best restaurants to try in HarbourFront include:
- Barnacles by the Sea: a seafood restaurant located at Sentosa Boardwalk with stunning views of the sea.
- Marché Mövenpick: a Swiss restaurant offering a variety of European cuisine and a unique dining experience.
- Din Tai Fung: a popular Taiwanese restaurant chain known for its delicious dumplings.
What can I expect to see at HarbourFront Centre?
HarbourFront Centre is a popular shopping mall located in HarbourFront Singapore. The mall is home to a wide variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Some of the things you can expect to see at HarbourFront Centre include:
- International Cruise Centre: a hub for cruise ships departing from Singapore.
- VivoCity: one of Singapore’s largest shopping malls, featuring a variety of shops and restaurants.
- HarbourFront Tower One and Two: office buildings housing a variety of businesses.
What is the history behind the name HarbourFront?
HarbourFront was originally a fishing village before it was developed into a commercial and residential area. The name “HarbourFront” refers to its location at the southern tip of Singapore, facing the harbour. Today, HarbourFront is a bustling neighbourhood with a mix of residential, commercial, and entertainment options.