Welcome to Changi Airport, Singapore’s award-winning airport that is more than just a transportation hub. With its state-of-the-art facilities, world-class services, and unique attractions, Changi Airport has become a destination in itself. Whether you’re a frequent flyer or a first-time visitor, there’s always something new and exciting to discover at Changi Airport.
Changi Airport is not just a place to catch a flight, it is a destination that offers a wide range of activities for all ages and interests. From shopping and dining to art and culture, family fun, and business facilities, Changi Airport has it all. With the addition of Jewel Changi Airport, a multi-dimensional lifestyle destination, the airport has become a must-visit destination for travelers from all over the world.
In this article, we will take you on a journey through the best things to do at Changi Airport Singapore. We will explore the airport’s top attractions, its unique facilities, and its world-class services. Whether you have a layover or a few hours to spare, Changi Airport has plenty to keep you entertained and relaxed. So let’s get started and discover the wonders of Changi Airport.
- Changi Airport is more than just a transportation hub, it is a destination in itself.
- Jewel Changi Airport is a must-visit destination for travelers from all over the world.
- Changi Airport offers a wide range of activities for all ages and interests, from shopping and dining to art and culture, family fun, and business facilities.
Overview of Changi Airport
You’re in for a treat when you arrive at Changi Airport, one of the world’s best airports. With four terminals, Changi Airport is a hub for international travel and is known for its modern facilities and exceptional service.
Each terminal has its own unique features and attractions, so whether you’re in the transit area or public area, there’s always something to do.
Terminal 1 was the first terminal and has a classic design with a beautiful rooftop garden. Terminal 2 has a more modern feel and is home to the Sunflower Garden, where you can take a stroll and admire the beautiful flowers. Terminal 3 is renowned for its indoor waterfall and butterfly garden, while Terminal 4 boasts a state-of-the-art automated check-in system and a stunning mural showcasing Singapore’s past.
In the transit areas, you’ll find plenty of entertainment options to keep you occupied during your layover. From movie theatres to rooftop pools to interactive art installations, there’s something for everyone.
If you’re in the public area, you can still enjoy many of the airport’s attractions, such as the Cactus Garden and the Canopy Park. The Canopy Park is a great place to relax and enjoy the greenery, with attractions like the Sky Nets and Hedge Maze that will keep you entertained for hours.
Jewel Changi Airport
If you’re looking for an exciting and unique experience at Changi Airport, then Jewel Changi Airport is a must-visit destination. This multi-use lifestyle and retail hub is located at the heart of the airport and offers a wide range of attractions, entertainment, shopping, and dining options.
Gardens and Nature
One of the highlights of Jewel Changi Airport is the stunning array of indoor gardens and nature attractions. You can take a leisurely stroll through the lush Forest Valley, which features a four-storey high indoor waterfall – the HSBC Rain Vortex. Other gardens include the Cactus Garden, Sunflower Garden, Orchid Garden, Shiseido Forest Valley, and Water Lily Garden.
Entertainment and Activities
Jewel Changi Airport offers plenty of entertainment options for visitors of all ages. Canopy Park is a must-visit attraction that features a variety of exciting activities such as the Hedge Maze, Mirror Maze, and the Foggy Bowls. You can also enjoy the Discovery Slides, Sky Nets, and the Manulife Sky Nets. The Changi Experience Studio is another popular attraction that offers interactive games, arcade games, and a virtual reality experience.
Shopping and Dining
Jewel Changi Airport is also a shopper’s paradise, with over 280 retail and dining options to choose from. You can browse through luxury brands, fashion boutiques, and souvenir shops. The Food Court offers a wide variety of local and international cuisine, and there are also many fine dining restaurants to choose from.
As one of the best airports in the world, Changi Airport Singapore offers a wide range of facilities and services to make your airport experience as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Here are some of the relaxation and leisure, entertainment options, and services that you can enjoy during your layover:
Relaxation and Leisure
Changi Airport Singapore is the perfect place to unwind and relax. Take a dip in the rooftop pool or jacuzzi, or enjoy a soothing massage at one of the many spas located throughout the airport. If you’re feeling tired, head to one of the snooze lounges to catch up on some much-needed rest.
If you’re looking for some entertainment, Changi Airport Singapore has plenty to offer. Catch the latest blockbusters at the movie theatre, or challenge your friends to a game of Xbox Kinect or PlayStation at one of the many gaming stations. You can also browse the internet or check your emails with the free Wi-Fi available throughout the airport.
Changi Airport Singapore offers a range of services to make your airport experience as smooth as possible. Take advantage of the Plaza Premium Lounge for premium services and amenities, or use one of the many viewing malls to relax and enjoy the sights. If you need any assistance, the airport’s friendly staff are always on hand to help.
Whether you’re looking for relaxation, entertainment, or services, Changi Airport Singapore has everything you need to make your airport experience a memorable one. So sit back, relax, and enjoy all that this world-class airport has to offer.
Art and Culture at Changi
Changi Airport is not just a place for travel but also a hub of art and culture. As you wander through the airport, you will come across various art installations and exhibits that will leave you in awe.
One of the most popular art installations at Changi Airport is Les Oiseaux by French artist, Cedric Le Borgne. This artwork features a flock of birds made of wire mesh and LED lights, suspended in mid-air, giving the illusion of flight. You can find this installation at Terminal 1’s Departure Check-in Hall.
Another must-see artwork is The Social Tree, located at Terminal 1’s Departure Transit Lounge East. This interactive installation allows you to upload your photos and videos onto the tree’s touchscreens, which then become part of a constantly evolving digital collage.
Changi Airport’s Heritage Zone is a unique exhibit that showcases Singapore’s rich cultural heritage. Here, you can learn about the Peranakan Love Story, a traditional wedding ceremony that blends Chinese and Malay customs. You can also explore the Peranakan shophouse replica, which provides a glimpse into the daily life of the Peranakan community.
In addition to the Peranakan exhibit, the Heritage Zone also features a collection of artefacts and memorabilia from Singapore’s aviation history.
Family Fun at Changi
Changi Airport is not just a place to catch a flight; it’s a destination in itself. With a wide variety of activities and attractions, Changi Airport is the perfect place for a family day out. Here are some of the family-friendly activities you can enjoy at Changi Airport:
Changi Airport has several play areas where kids can have fun. The play areas are located at Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 3. They have interactive games, arcade games, and PlayStation consoles for kids to play with.
The Xperience Zone at Terminal 4 is a great place for kids to have fun. It has a range of interactive games and activities that are suitable for all ages. You can play virtual reality games, test your skills on the bouldering wall, or try your hand at the various other games and activities available.
If you’re looking for a more relaxed activity, head to the cinema at Terminal 2. The cinema shows a range of movies, including the latest blockbusters. It’s a great way to unwind and enjoy some family time together.
The Canopy Bridge at Jewel Changi Airport is a must-visit attraction. It’s a 50-metre-long bridge that’s suspended 23 metres above ground. The bridge offers stunning views of the Rain Vortex and the surrounding greenery.
Topiary Walk and Petal Garden
The Topiary Walk and Petal Garden at Jewel Changi Airport are great places to relax and enjoy some greenery. The Topiary Walk has a collection of animal-shaped topiaries, while the Petal Garden has a range of flowers and plants on display.
The Butterfly Garden at Terminal 3 is a great place to see tropical butterflies up close. The garden has over 1,000 butterflies from 40 different species. It’s a great educational experience for kids and adults alike.
Singapore’s Tallest Slide
If you’re looking for some thrills, head to Terminal 3 and try out Singapore’s tallest slide. The slide is 12 metres high and 4 storeys tall. It’s a great way to get your adrenaline pumping and have some fun.
Changi Airport has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for family fun, leisure activities, or sports, Changi Airport has it all. So why not plan a day out at Changi Airport and experience all it has to offer?
If you’re travelling for business, Changi Airport has plenty of facilities to help you stay productive and connected. Here are some of the business facilities you can take advantage of:
- Changi Lounge: Located in Terminal 2 and Terminal 3, Changi Lounge offers a comfortable and quiet space to work or relax. The lounge is equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi, workstations, meeting rooms, and shower facilities.
- Business Centres: There are several business centres located throughout Changi Airport. These centres offer a range of services, including printing, scanning, photocopying, and faxing. Some of the centres also have meeting rooms available for rent.
- Internet Kiosks: Need to check your email or print a boarding pass? Changi Airport has over 500 internet kiosks located throughout the terminals. These kiosks are equipped with high-speed internet access and printing facilities.
- Airport Lounges: If you’re a frequent flyer or hold a premium credit card, you may have access to one of the many airport lounges located throughout Changi Airport. These lounges offer a range of amenities, including high-speed Wi-Fi, workstations, meeting rooms, and complimentary food and drinks.
- VIP Services: If you’re looking for a more personalised experience, Changi Airport offers a range of VIP services, including meet and greet services, fast-track immigration and security clearance, and access to exclusive lounges.
No matter what your business needs are, Changi Airport has a range of facilities to help you stay connected and productive while on the go.
Changi Airport Singapore is not just an airport, it’s a destination in itself. The airport boasts some of the most unique and exciting attractions that you won’t find anywhere else in the world. Here are some of the must-visit unique attractions at Changi Airport:
- Butterfly Garden: Step into the world of butterflies at the Butterfly Garden, located in Terminal 3. This tropical garden is home to over 1,000 butterflies from 40 different species. You can also spot exotic plants and a waterfall here.
- Indoor Waterfall: Witness the world’s tallest indoor waterfall, the Rain Vortex, at Jewel Changi Airport. This 40-metre tall waterfall is surrounded by lush greenery and is a sight to behold.
- Kinetic Rain: Marvel at the Kinetic Rain sculpture, located in Terminal 1. This stunning artwork features 1,216 bronze droplets moving in a choreographed dance.
- Enchanted Garden: Take a stroll through the Enchanted Garden, located in Terminal 2. This interactive garden features motion sensor flowers and a pond with a cascading waterfall.
- Forest Valley: Immerse yourself in nature at the Forest Valley, located in Jewel Changi Airport. This four-storey indoor garden features over 2,000 trees and palms, and a walking trail.
- Mirror Maze: Get lost in the Mirror Maze, located in Terminal 2. This maze features mirrors that create an illusion of infinite corridors.
- Hedge Maze: Challenge yourself at the Hedge Maze, located in Terminal 2. This outdoor maze features hedges that stand up to 1.8 metres tall.
- Sky Nets: Bounce around on the Sky Nets, located in Jewel Changi Airport. This attraction features two nets suspended 25 metres above the ground.
- Manulife Sky Nets: Take a walk on the Manulife Sky Nets, located in Jewel Changi Airport. This attraction features a net suspended 25 metres above the ground, offering a unique perspective of the Rain Vortex.
- Foggy Bowls: Play in the Foggy Bowls, located in Jewel Changi Airport. This attraction features four giant bowls filled with mist, creating a mysterious and playful atmosphere.
Changi Airport Singapore has something for everyone. Don’t miss out on these unique attractions during your visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the top attractions to visit in Changi Airport?
Changi Airport is known for its many attractions, including the Rain Vortex waterfall, which is the tallest indoor waterfall in the world. You can also visit the Canopy Park, which features a hedge maze, bouncing nets, and a sky bridge. The airport also has several gardens, including the Butterfly Garden and the Sunflower Garden.
Are there any cinemas in Changi Airport?
Yes, Changi Airport has two cinemas, one in Terminal 2 and one in Terminal 3. The cinemas show a variety of movies and are open 24 hours a day.
What are the best things to do in Changi Airport Terminal 4?
Terminal 4 has several attractions, including the Heritage Zone, which features traditional Peranakan shophouses and a hawker centre. You can also visit the Petalclouds garden, which features a kinetic sculpture that mimics the movement of clouds.
What can I do during a 6-hour layover at Changi Airport?
With a 6-hour layover, you have plenty of time to explore Changi Airport. You can visit the attractions mentioned above, or you can relax in one of the airport’s many lounges. You can also take a nap in one of the airport’s designated rest areas, or you can go shopping and dining in the airport’s many shops and restaurants.
What are some fun activities to do in Changi Airport Terminal 2?
Terminal 2 has several attractions, including the Enchanted Garden, which features interactive flowers and a koi pond. You can also visit the Entertainment Deck, which has Xbox and Playstation consoles, as well as a music corner and a movie theatre. If you’re looking for a place to relax, you can visit the rooftop sunflower garden or the swimming pool.