If you’re planning to visit Singapore, you might want to check out Marymount MRT Station. This underground station is located on the Circle Line in Bishan, Singapore, and provides easy access to residents living in the western part of Bishan New Town. Marymount MRT Station is built underneath Marymount Road, near the junction of Marymount Lane and Bishan Street 21, making it a convenient location for commuters and tourists alike.
One of the benefits of Marymount MRT Station is its accessibility. The station is conveniently located near major roads and highways, making it easy to get to by car or public transportation. Additionally, the station is equipped with amenities such as ATMs, which make it easy to withdraw cash on the go. Whether you’re commuting to work or exploring the city, Marymount MRT Station is a great starting point for your journey.
If you’re looking for a convenient and accessible way to explore Singapore, Marymount MRT Station is a great place to start. With its central location and easy access to transportation services, this underground station is a hub for commuters and tourists alike. So why not plan your next trip to Singapore and discover all that Marymount MRT Station has to offer?
- Marymount MRT Station is located on the Circle Line in Bishan, Singapore, and provides easy access to residents living in the western part of Bishan New Town.
- The station is conveniently located near major roads and highways, making it easy to get to by car or public transportation.
- Marymount MRT Station is equipped with amenities such as ATMs, making it a great starting point for your journey in Singapore.
Location and Accessibility
Marymount MRT Station (CC16) is a conveniently located underground station along the Circle Line (CCL) Stage 3. It is situated at the junction of Marymount Road, Marymount Lane, and Bishan Street 21. This station is within walking distance to several residential areas, such as Bishan, Upper Thomson, and Sin Ming.
If you’re travelling by car, there is a multi-storey car park at Block 319, Shunfu Road, which is just a short walk away from the station. Alternatively, you can take a taxi or book a ride-sharing service to drop you off at the station’s entrance.
If you prefer to take public transport, there are several bus stops located nearby. Bus services 52, 54, 74, 851, 852, 855, and 410W all stop near Marymount MRT Station. Additionally, the station is well-connected to other MRT lines, such as the North-South Line (NSL) at Bishan MRT Station (NS17/CC15), and the Downtown Line (DTL) at Botanic Gardens MRT Station (DT9).
Overall, Marymount MRT Station is a convenient and easily accessible transportation hub, offering a variety of options for commuters travelling to and from different parts of Singapore.
When it comes to transportation services, Marymount MRT Station has got you covered with its train and bus services.
Marymount MRT Station is part of the Circle Line. The station code is CC16, and it’s operated by SMRT Trains. The station has an island platform, which means that trains going in both directions stop on the same platform.
If you need to transfer to other MRT lines, you can do so at the following stations:
- At Bishan Station (NS17/CC15), you can transfer to the North-South Line.
- At Serangoon Station (NE12/CC13), you can transfer to the North-East Line.
- At Paya Lebar Station (EW8/CC9), you can transfer to the East-West Line.
- At Harbourfront Station (NE1/CC29), you can transfer to the Thomson-East Coast Line.
Marymount MRT Station is also served by several bus stops in the vicinity. There are four official bus stops linked to Marymount station, and they are:
- Marymount Station Exit A (53019)
- Marymount Station Exit B (53339)
- Marymount Station Exit C (53331)
- Marymount Station Exit D (53011)
The following bus services are available at Marymount MRT Station:
- 54: Bishan Interchange ↔ Kampong Bahru Bus Terminal
- 74: Hougang Central Bus Interchange ↔ Buona Vista Terminal
- 852: Yishun Bus Interchange ↔ Bukit Batok Bus Interchange
If you need to travel to other parts of Singapore, you can use the TransitLink eGuide to plan your journey. The eGuide provides a convenient one-stop information guide on bus and train services, including fares and travel times.
When it comes to living near Marymount MRT Station, you’ll find that there are plenty of amenities available to you. Here are some of the nearby amenities that you can take advantage of:
There are several residential areas near Marymount MRT Station, including HDB flats and condos. If you’re looking to buy or rent a property in the area, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from. Some of the popular condos in the area include Seasons View, The Gardens at Bishan, and Sky Habitat.
If you’re looking to do some shopping or grab a bite to eat, there are plenty of commercial areas near Marymount MRT Station. The nearby Junction 8 shopping mall is home to a wide range of shops and restaurants, including popular brands like Uniqlo, H&M, and Din Tai Fung. There are also several hawker centres in the area, such as the Bishan Street 13 Market & Food Centre and the Sin Ming Court Food Centre.
There are several educational institutions near Marymount MRT Station, making it an ideal location for families with children. The Raffles Institution, one of Singapore’s top secondary schools, is located just a few minutes away from the station. There are also several primary and secondary schools in the area, including Catholic High School and Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Primary School.
Overall, living near Marymount MRT Station provides you with easy access to a wide range of amenities, from residential areas to commercial areas to educational institutions. Whether you’re looking to buy or rent a property or simply want to enjoy the nearby shopping and dining options, you’ll find everything you need in this vibrant neighbourhood.
Nearby Food and Beverage Outlets
If you’re looking for a quick bite or a refreshing drink, Marymount MRT Station has plenty of options nearby. Here are some nearby food and beverage outlets to check out:
- Shunfu Market – Located just a short walk from the station, Shunfu Market is a popular hawker centre that offers a wide range of local dishes. You can find everything from chicken rice to laksa to satay here. The market is open from early morning until late at night, so you can stop by for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- New Station Snack Bar – This casual eatery is located inside the station itself, making it a convenient spot for a quick snack or drink. They offer a variety of local snacks, such as curry puffs and kaya toast, as well as drinks like coffee and tea.
- Jane’s Cake Station – If you have a sweet tooth, Jane’s Cake Station is a must-visit. They offer a variety of cakes, pastries, and other desserts, as well as coffee and tea. The cosy atmosphere makes it a great spot to relax and enjoy a treat.
- West Grill Station (Ang Mo Kio) – This casual restaurant is located a few stops away from Marymount MRT Station, but it’s worth the trip if you’re craving grilled meats. They offer a variety of dishes, such as chicken chop and pork chop, as well as sides like fries and coleslaw.
Overall, there are plenty of options for food and drinks near Marymount MRT Station, whether you’re in the mood for a quick snack or a full meal.
Travel and Tourism
If you’re planning a trip to Singapore, Marymount MRT Station (CC16) is a great starting point for exploring the city. With its extensive network of routes, Singapore’s MRT and bus systems make it easy to get around.
From Marymount MRT Station, you can easily access many of Singapore’s popular tourist destinations. For example, you can take the MRT to Marina Bay, which is just a few stops away. There, you can enjoy the stunning views of the bay, visit the iconic Merlion statue, and explore the Gardens by the Bay.
Another popular destination is the Esplanade, which is just a short walk from the City Hall MRT Station. The Esplanade is a performing arts centre that hosts a variety of concerts, theatre productions, and other events.
If you’re looking for a place to stay near Marymount MRT Station, there are several hotels in the area. One option is the Holiday Inn Express Singapore Serangoon, which is just a 10-minute walk from the station. The hotel offers comfortable rooms, free breakfast, and easy access to the MRT and bus systems.
In terms of distance, Marymount MRT Station is located in the central part of Singapore, making it a convenient starting point for exploring the city. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveller, the MRT and bus systems make it easy to get around and see all that Singapore has to offer.
To make the most of your trip, be sure to consult a travel guide and plan your itinerary in advance. With so much to see and do in Singapore, you’ll want to make sure you don’t miss any of the city’s top attractions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the available exits at Marymount MRT station?
There are two exits at Marymount MRT station. Exit A serves Shunfu Estate, while Exit B is located near Raffles Institution.
How do I get to Mount Alvernia Hospital from Marymount MRT station?
You can take bus service 54 from the bus stop located near Exit A of Marymount MRT station. The journey takes about 10 minutes.
Which MRT line serves Marymount station?
Marymount station is served by the Circle Line (CC16).
What is the street directory for Marymount MRT station?
Marymount MRT station is located at the intersection of Marymount Road and Sin Ming Avenue.
What time does the MRT operate at Marymount station?
The first train from Marymount station departs at 5:38 am on weekdays and Saturdays, and at 6:03 am on Sundays and public holidays. The last train departs at 11:48 pm on weekdays and Saturdays, and at 11:18 pm on Sundays and public holidays.
Where is Marymount CC located in relation to Marymount MRT station?
Marymount Community Club (CC) is located about a 5-minute walk from Marymount MRT station. You can take Exit A and walk along Marymount Road towards Bishan Park.